Monday, February 20, 2006




Off to the next destination.. the land of the steep hills and unpredictable fog. On my coast to coast journey, traversing through the wilds of American Airports, I found out how BAD American Airline Companies really are!!! I was checked in, 1st on the waitlist of this airline and suddenly...hello, 5 minutes to closing the gate, that I'd been bumped off.... so there went my bags, all the way to San Fransisco and there I was at JFK at 9:15 in the night with nowhere to go, cause going all the way back to Manhattan made no sense....it would have cost almost 1/2 of my ticket to SF to go and come back...and only 5 hours of actual rest time in a bed~~ so the miserly broke part of me said Heck...lets just crash on the seat!! Anyone ever spent 10 hrs at JFK? and been thro security check twice? I don't recommend it!! But I did become good pals with the cute security guard who kept insisting I take off my shoes... I kept insisting the smell would kill everyone!!In the end, we compromised, I sprayed my shoes with deo..and took the damn things off...and as I walked away..I got a phone number!! Oh by the way, if you do ever get stuck at JFK, the cafes and dunkin donuts and the like shut at 11pm and re-open at 3am. Don't ever expect to sleep, because they wet clean the carpets every night and the Hispanic men and women don't understand English, talk super loud and keep a fan blowing all night so the carpets dry in time for the first flight in the morning! In the winter, it can be a very annoying thing!
San Fransisco is one of my favorite cities in the world. Yes Fisherman's warf is commercial, but it does have a great view and its a lot of fun...not exactly what the artsy snobs would classify as beautiful - but hey, i like fun too!!


I love the hills (a cable car costs about $5 one way - i.e. about a 10 minute ride), I love the people, they all look like they're constantly having fun...working seriously but having fun and I love the views from every angle!! I'm completely in love with the city, but I know I will never live there! Nothing remotely connected with what I want to do in life! But what I think I love the most about San Fransisco is how you can actually watch the Fog roll in over the hills...suddenly sunny and suddenly icy cold...the city is unpredictable...and that's what I think I see....just a bit of myself in a city!

1 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, February 21, 2006, Blogger The Unknown Aviator said...

nice blog. nice pics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home