

It's been a long time since I wrote and felt like I was communicating with the world! But take a look at where I live and you'll wonder why I'm even awake in the middle of winter! Sometimes I think I should be a bear and hibernate through the winter! It's -9F i.e -20C for those not comfortable with the Farenheit - Centigrade relations!!! or Lack off! The pictures were taken on a day when it was actually possible to hold the camera and not get frostbite!! The roads are relatively clear and the snow doesn't look half bad! But this is truely God's forgotten city on a normal basis. Behind the pretty snow globe scenes is a city rotting at it's core. Students getting raped on the 3 block walk home, mugged for carrying $5, men knocking on your door asking for money to get thugs off the streets before they become 15 years old and out of the control of the mentoring program! Where is this world coming to? Slap bang in the middle of one of the United States most famous citizenship schools, the 2nd ranked architechture school and a top 5 journalism school is a ghetto forgotten by NY State politicians! Busy selling their Hancock International Airport, they ignore the men and women living surrounded by crime, murder, guns and drugs - just a 5 minute drive down the road! It's impossible to comprehend that education and guns live side by side in what would otherwise be a picture perfect postcard town! The heat's up to 68F, I'm tucked into my electric blanket - and I'm praying like many others, that I can leave this city as soon as possible! Pretty as it may be in the winter - this is a city whose soul is lost, and a lost soul rarely finds its way back home!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home