Friday, October 07, 2005

I'm currently researching the Tiananmen Square Crackdown of 1989 and am discovering facts that are otherwise blown out of proportion. In a 20 part analysis of the incident I'm going to attempt to reconstruct the event itself, this time with sources from the CCP, US Intelligence, Dissidents, Students, Embassy Officials and most importantly the CCP's secret documents and the De-classified US National Security documents. Then I will analyse why what and how the scenario played out. But in analysing the foreign policy of the US and China in 1989, I'm going to restrict myself to the months of April, May, June (when the event actually took place) and July. This time bound analysis will allow me to dig deeper into the meaning of each decision taken and delve into the personalities that allowed the events to take place. I'm a deep believer in Actor Specific Foreign Policy Analysis and that is going to be my ultimate backbone to the findings I plan to share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home