In a windswept city, desolate, barren and without a semblance of hope rests a brownstone! A place where some people come to think, think about how to make the world a better place! The people residing within the four walls of the brownstone are of different schools of thought, yet the one thing that brings them together in their pursuit of knowledge is, that they came to this desolate city, where the only people visible in the downtown are panhandlers, drug addicts and unemployed people ripe for the picking by gangs - to learn how to connect with the international community. 4.5 hours from New York City is a city forgotten by most - it's a city called, Syracuse! Where the winters are as fierce as the north pole and the summers are unbearable. It's a city that died almost a decade ago, but its the people in that brownstone that are keeping it alive..alive with the thought that one day - Human beings will talk to each other without looking at colour, race, region, class or borders. That one day, International Relations will mean what a child of three understands it as - Relations between people and not between countries! Not everyone is here for that sole reason, but thankfully enough exisit here with that thought to justify a school called Maxwell school of Citizenship and a program called the Master of Arts in International Relations!
I want this blog to be a culmination of not just my thoughts as I move through this program, but of the work I do in it and the lessons I learn from the 25 countries that are here. This I promise will not be a pretentious re-hash of my philosophy, but what I truely believe I'm learning and what can really impact the rest of the world, in some way, no matter how small!!

1 Comments:
u go girl! we'll compare notes in DC. ( i really cant do the u go girl thing, can i... sigh..)
Post a Comment
<< Home